Young hopefuls have just three days left to enter the New Design Britain Awards, organised by UBM Live Built Environment in conjunction with leading interiors trade show May Design Series. Created to bring the best emerging talent to the commercial forefront of the industry, New Design Britain is the ideal platform for students and graduates to kick-start their careers.
With over 10 years of heritage the New Design Britain Awards are now bigger and better than ever with two new categories added for 2015 . These new additions sit alongside the existing Furniture, Accessories, Fabrics and Surfaces Awards. A panel of expert judges will select a shortlist of 24 designers to be showcased at the entrance to May Design Series for the whole of the industry to see.
Entrants must either be a current student or a 2014 graduate from a design related degree. Entries close at 11pm on Friday 16th January.
Live judging will take place at the show and winners will be offered a work placement with key industry players, amongst other benefits. Winners of the product categories will also receive a free stand to exhibit their product at May Design Series, and winners from the Interior Design and Architecture categories will be invited to assist with designing next year’s show.
2015 sees a brand new judging line-up with 24 industry-leading names:
- Pia Benham, Head of Fabric & Design at Heals
- Barbara Chandler, Design Writer & Photographer
- Emma Mawston, Head of Design, Liberty Art Fabrics & Interiors
- Kate Mitchell, London Showroom Manager, Timorous Beasties
- Rob Scarlett, NDB Alumni class of 2003, Furniture Designer
- Dan Ziglam, CEO, DeadGood
- Paul Tanner, Furniture Buyer M&S
- Suzanne Imre, Editor Living etc
- Naomi Cleaver, Interior Designer
- Dids Macdonald, CEO of ACID
- Giles Miller, Director Giles Miller
- Hannah Malein, Colour & Trend Consultant at Global Colour Research
- Anna Rigby, Head of Buying & Home Accessories John Lewis
- Shaun Clarkson, Interior Designer and star of Channel 4 Four Rooms
- Ella Doran, Interior & Product Designer
- Liam Butler, Brand Director, ACHICA
- Ged Couser, Director BDP Architects
- Katy Ghahremani Partner, Make Architects
- Julie Humphries, Founder Archer Humphreys
- Phil Coffey, Director Coffey Architects
- Staffan Tollgard, Creative Director, Staffan Tollgard Design Group
- Dan Hopwood, President BIID
- Sara Cosgrove, Principle, Sara Cosgrove Design
- Katherine Pooley, Director Katherine Pooley Interior Design