The Asia Hotel Design Awards 2016 is now open for entries.
Building on the success of its inaugural event in 2015, the Awards are organised by Sleeper Magazine and attract the hospitality industry’s brightest stars competing across a variety of categories. Projects completed between October 2014 and September 2015 will be eligible for entry, with the winners to be revealed during a dinner and ceremony in Singapore on the 10 March 2016.
The deadline for entries is 31st October, with the shortlist to be announced week commencing 7th December. For further details and to submit entries visit: asiahoteldesignawards.com.
Asia Hotel Design Awards 2016 categories:
- Historical Building
- Newbuild Hotel (Urban)
- Newbuild Hotel (Resort)
- Bedrooms & Bathrooms
- Event Space (Conference, Banqueting & Meetings)
- Lobby, Lounge & Public Areas
- Spa, Health & Leisure Facilities
The Outstanding Contribution Award (for an individual, selected by the judges)
The Asia Hotel Design of The Year Award
The judging panel for the Asia Hotel Design Awards features representatives from the world’s leading hotel brands, architectural practices and interior design firms to ensure a range of views are involved in the selection process for the finalists and winners in each category.
Judges already confirmed for the 2016 Asia Hotel Design Awards include:
- Andre Fu, Founder – AFSO
- Bill Bensley, Founder & Principal – Bensley Design Studios
- Brian Lum, Regional VP, Design and Planning – Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Brian Williams, Managing Director – Swire Hotels
- Guy Heywood, COO – Alila Hotels & Resorts
- Jean-Luc Fourrier, Founder & Director – JLF Associates
- Jennyfer Lacroix, Corporate Director Design – Raffles Hotels & Resorts
- Julia Monk, Senior Vice President / Director of Hospitality Design – HOK
- Loh Lik Peng, Founder – Unlisted Collection
- Marc Dardene, CEO – Patina Hotels & Resorts
- Michael Goodman, MD / Partner – EDG Design
- Paul Wiste, Director of Development – Design, Asia Pacific – Jumeirah
The panel is to be chaired by Khirstie Myles, Vice President, Design & Engineering – AMEA for IHG.
The event will run alongside Singapore Design Week and partner events IFFS, Maison & Objet and In Bed With.