This year sees the Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) celebrate its 40th anniversary. The GGF (interim CEO Brian Baker pictured below) has several special events planned through the year including a Life begins at 40 party in the GGF Members Lounge at The FIT Show (23-25 May, NEC), a celebratory Members Day on 22 September and the G17 Awards on 17 November. The awards will also feature a special 40th Anniversary Award. As well as these events, the industry’s trade body is introducing a raft of new initiatives to help its members’ businesses. These include:
- A political strategy group, designed to ensure all forthcoming policies and laws – brought about by circumstances such as Brexit and incoming Government schemes – that affect companies in the indus- try are covered.
- A ‘systems house’ group which will be represented along with frame manufacturers on the GGF Board to ensure the full industry supply chain is considered at board level and in future strategies.
- The GGF ‘Member Get Member’ scheme is increasing the discount on the recommending members’ 2018 subscription from 10 per cent to 40 per cent.
- Digital marketing workshops will be held across the GGF regions.
- A new GGF trade website will be launched fully in September, with a soft launch in July.
- A new commemorative logo and souvenirs to celebrate the anniversary will be issued to all GGF members.