The Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) is pleased to support a new event, “Winning Business – The Future of Smart Cities and Urban Innovation” which takes place at Greater London Authority Headquarters (City Hall), The Queen’s Walk, London, SE1 2AA Friday, 6 March 2015 from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm London.
The Mayor of London in partnership with UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) London are organising the one-day event which will enable companies to better understand the latest developments in the area of smart cities development and urban innovation.
Smart cities and urban innovation
With more than half of the world’s population living in cities, integrated urban solutions have emerged as a new and exciting market across the planet. Global challenges such as climate change, resource security and demographic change create high demand for “smart” solutions i.e. ones that make cities work more effectively: socially, economically and environmentally. It is estimated that by 2020 the global market for smart urban solutions and services will be worth around £250bn.
Small or medium sized enterprises (SMEs), based within one of London’s 33 boroughs, with little or no exporting experience. An SME company is defined as having an annual turnover of less than £40 million and fewer than 250 employees. Please note that mid-sized businesses (MSBs) are not eligible, unless they meet the SME definition. There is a maximum of one delegate per company.
- Hear about new developments in urban planning and infrastructure design
- Learn how to effectively partner with small and large practices and academia
- Connect with industry key stakeholders and experts
- Find out about the upcoming London Market Visit to New Zealand & Australia
- Network with like-minded companies • Share sector-relevant experience
- Participate in live webinars with market specialists