Offsite Solutions has launched a new premium bathroom pod which incorporates a concrete base – and becomes the only UK pod manufacturer to offer this type of factory-built wet room.
This latest innovation from Offsite Solutions provides a fully waterproofed pod solution for high specification wet rooms and bathrooms. It features cold rolled steel-framed walls with a cast concrete base which removes the need for visible shower trays to create a clean, contemporary appearance.
The steel and concrete pods are precision manufactured, fitted out and factory tested for exceptional performance and quality control. Applications include high specification luxury apartments, military residences and healthcare schemes where a premium wet room solution is required.
The concrete base for these hybrid pods is manufactured using bespoke steel moulds. These moulds are laser cut and welded for each project for greater accuracy and to offer the flexibility to meet almost any design brief, bathroom layout or size.
The base solution is designed to have HDPE waste pipework and traps or gullies that are embedded in specially-treated concrete. Factory-installed underfloor heating can sit above the base or can be cast into the concrete. Other high specification design options include:
- Concealed stainless steel linear shower drains
- New waterless traps to accommodate slim concrete pod bases
- Surface-heated walls to remove the need for heated towel rails.
Commenting on this latest innovation, Richard Tonkinson, Executive Director of Offsite Solutions, said:
“Our design and engineering teams continue to push the boundaries and break new ground in pod technology. We saw there was an opportunity in the UK market for a pod which combines all the speed, quality and site advantages of steel-framed pods whilst taking the standard of finish to a completely new level.”
“This is a premium pod product offering unprecedented design flexibility and unrivalled build quality for the offsite construction of wet rooms and bathrooms.”
Factory-built bathrooms offer greater certainty of completion on time and on budget; reduced time on site for earlier occupation and faster return on investment, and enhanced quality with factory production processes and permanent, highly skilled labour. Fewer subcontractors and trades are needed on site for improved health and safety and reduced site supervision, and there is less impact on the environment – on-site waste is reduced by up to 50 per cent (source: WRAP).
Offsite Solutions offers the widest range of bathroom pods currently available from a UK manufacturer, to suit many building types and applications:
- Steel-framed pods with traditional tiled finishes can be manufactured for high-end apartments, student residences and hotels
- Robust and low maintenance GRP composite pods are supplied for student accommodation, care homes, social housing and healthcare
- Award-winning demountable GRP pods offer ease of installation for refurbishment schemes and projects with restricted access
- Hybrid pods allow an enhanced level of finish and aesthetics for GRP pods, such as ceramic tiling and recesses. Applications are hotels and apartments, and build-to-rent developments.
For further information about the new bathroom and shower pods, visit www.offsitesolutions.com/steelconcretepods, call 01278 780807 or email info(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)offsitesolutions.com.