Marmox, synonymous with high-performance solutions for waterproofing, thermal and acoustic insulation offers a series of technical and educational RIBA Approved CPD seminars for architect, specifiers and contractors.
These informative CPDs are essential guidance in the best practice of (1) Reducing Thermal Bridging in Floor/Wall Junction Designs, (2) Stopping the Noise from Tiled Floors Being Heard in Rooms Below, and (3) Foam Cored Tile Backing Boards (Including wet Room Systems).
Attendees will be provided with expert technical advice by our highly qualified and experienced technical team, providing the latest guidance on British and European Standards, compliance with Building Regulations, and learn how maximise performance and avoid potential failures.
Reducing Thermal Bridging in Floor/Wall Junction Designs
This seminar examines:
- Why recent changes to the building regulations have made heat loss through the wall/floor thermal bridge junction more important.
- What y-values and psi-values are and how they are used in SAP and Passivhaus calculations.
- How adopting the different design options for reducing the thermal bridge (i.e. accredited construction details, enhanced construction details or using a thermal bridging block) affect the overall heat loss and compliance to the standards.
- The implications of the proposed future changes and possible introduction of ‘zero carbon’ to the building regulations.
Foam Cored Tile Backing Boards (Including wet Room Systems)
This seminar focuses on the factors that damage ceramic and natural stone tiles when fixed to modern building boards. It will look at the advantages and disadvantages of modern building boards, the creation of shower floors, the installation of foam cored building boards and how building boards can be used for heat insulation and impact sound reduction. By the end of the CPD you should have a greater understanding of:
- Why ceramic and natural stone tiles become damaged when fixed to modern building boards
- The advantages and disadvantages of modern building boards
- The differences between expanded and extruded polystyrene foam cored building boards, why movement joints are required and where they should be located
- British Standard BS5385 in relation to the fixing of ceramic and natural stone tiles to board and sheet materials, wall and floor installations
- How shower floors can be created and appreciate the benefits of pre formed shower floors
- How foam cored building boards can provide heat insulation and impact sound reduction
Stopping the Noise from Tiled Floors Being Heard in Rooms Below
This seminar looks at the tiling of floors above living spaces and thermal and acoustic requirements in Building Regulations, in relation to flooring. It will help you to understand the following topics:
- Why tiling floors above other living spaces can be problematic
- Why some types of floors are unsuitable for tiling upon and what measures need applying
- How tiling floors can cause problems with cold, how to solve these issues and meet the associated Building Regulations
- How tiling floors can result in problems with noise pollution, particularly impact sound transmission, and how to solve these issues and meet the associated Regulations.