Architectural aluminium systems specialist, Technal, has launched the SOLEAL universal door range to offer outstanding thermal performance, levels of security and specification options for high traffic applications.
The new door suite has been developed for areas of heavy use such as hospitals, shopping and sports centres, offices, apartment buildings and education environments.
The patented design uses a 55mm deep module for single action hinged, and double and single action pivot doors. SOLEAL has a crimped double polyamide thermal break to achieve exceptional energy efficiency and deliver U values as low as 1.4W/m2K as well as dual colour finishes for further design flexibility.
The single leaf open-in and open-out hinged doors meet very high levels of security in accordance with Class RC3 for burglar resistance to BS EN 1627-30. As an alternative to key-operated locks, there is an electro-magnetic system using an integrated control pad within the frame.
The SOLEAL anti-finger trap option has a thermally broken bulb stile on the rotation side allowing a maximum gap of 7mm and a 23mm gap between the aluminium profiles on the locking edge for additional safety, particularly where the entrance would be used by children. This can be specified for single or double action doors, rebated or non-rebated, and concealed overhead closer systems.
Other innovative features of the SOLEAL door range include:
- The door threshold has been engineered in two parts to provide advanced weather performance. It can also be removed for maintenance or replacement without dismantling the door leaves.
- There is a choice of threshold – rebated or double ramped for disabled access.
- The door handles are all exclusive to Technal and are robust, attractive and ergonomic.
- Drainage can be concealed at the threshold, mid – and bottom rails without the need for caps for improved aesthetics or can be through drainage slots protected by caps.
- A wider range of glazing options can now be accommodated – from 6mm to 39mm, and a maximum weight per leaf of up to 150kg.
- This is a robust and highly durable heavy traffic Class 8 door that has been tested up to 1 million cycles in accordance with BS EN 12400 (2002). Single action hinged and double/single action pivot doors have been tested.
- Fittings are discrete and stylish – whether hinges, closers or locks.
- There are two assembly options for ease of fabrication and installation – mitre-jointed assembly with crimping or using Torx-type stainless steel screws.
- The system meets the BS EN 14351-1 standard for windows and doors, CE marking requirements, and is designed to accommodate both current and future building regulations.
The SOLEAL suite is fully compatible with other Technal façade products, including MODAL low rise glazing and GEODE-MX curtain walling for seamless interfaces, ease of specification, cost efficiency, and consistency in appearance.