The final week of the London Festival of Architecture enters into the realm of Smart Cities, as it explores how the capital will evolve, as its population grows and working practices change driven by new technologies.
Startup Weekend: Smart Cities London (27-29 June) is a 54-hour event that brings together urban planners, architects, sustainability experts, technologists, researchers, developers and designers to learn, play, share ideas and network.
Held at the Google Campus, in the heart of East London’s Tech City, participants are invited to pitch their startup idea and receive feedback from their peers.
- Benjamin Southworth, Sector evangelist (on site, entire weekend)
- Navid Ostadian-Binai, EMEA Business Development Executive at Cogniance
- (on site, whole weekend)
- Tia Kansara, Director at Kansara Hackney Ltd (on site, Saturday 15:00 – 17:00)
- Uros Strel Lencic, Lead/Senior UX Designer at Connected Digital Economy Catapult (on site, Sunday 12:00 – 14:00)
- Eze Vidra, Head of Google for Entrepreneurs Europe at Google (on site, Sunday 17:00 – 21:00)
- Sara Kelly, Senior Policy Officer for Technology at Greater London Authority (on site, Sunday 17:00 – 21:00)
The event will run non-stop throughout the weekend, leaving participants free to work through the night, or to have a power nap at the campus.
Teams will be formed around the top ideas (as determined by popular vote) and embark on a three-day frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation. The weekend culminates with presentations in front of local entrepreneurial leaders, mentors and judges with the aim of improving the digital technology contribution to London’s economy.
Startup Weekend: Smart Cities London
- When: 27 June – 29 June
- Timings: the 54 hour event will run from 18:30 Friday 27 June to 22:00 Sunday 29 June
- Where: Google Campus, 4–5 Bonhill Street, EC2A 4BX
- Tickets: Entry free