Keppie has been appointed as design and landscape architect for a £19.3m headquarters for West Dunbartonshire Council following a four-way pitch.
Delivered on behalf of hub West Scotland the Castle Street project will see the A-listed façade of Dumbarton Burgh Hall retained as a frontage for a new office block housing 500 staff.
The development, which will replace the current Garshake Road office, will be located on Castle Street in Dumbarton’s town centre. The project will utilise an existing Grade A listed façade which was formerly part of Dumbarton Burgh Hall and designed by renowned architect William Leiper in 1865.
Keppie has been instructed as design and landscape architects as well as interior designers for the new building, which will enable the Council to relocate staff from existing offices throughout Dumbarton and bring them together into one central location. The project reinforces the Council’s commitment to regenerate Dumbarton’s town centre.