This CPD looks at the guidelines for the specification of a safe stairway. The presentation and discussion deals with the subject of how to make commercial stairways safe and meet with all current building regulation guidelines.
The CPD presentation includes:
- What stair nosings are designed to achieve and how to select the right one
- Key Legislation and Industry Standards
- How recent BRE and Equality Act (Formally DDA) guidelines affect specifications
- Environmental and Health and Safety considerations
- Examples of best practice
The seminar lasts 45-60 minutes including time for a Q and A session. All seminars are part of the RIBA core curriculum syllabus and earn double CPD points for those attending the seminars.