The educational landscape of Stoke-on-Trent is undergoing a massive transformation with work now well underway for the city’s Building Schools for the Future (BSF) programme.
The BSF Programme in the city is a key part of the regeneration of the Potteries, and is at the forefront of Mandate for Change. Its objectives are to:
- improve education for all young people in the city;
- raise aspirations
- provide a stable educational platform for this and future generations of young people and
- secure a safe and friendly environment for all students working and living in Stoke-on-Trent.
- Every secondary and special school in the city will benefit from a total £270m investment. Specifically, our current programme includes 18 schools:
- 13 secondary (including 6 academies)
- 4 special
- 1 pupil referral unit
School buildings are now being rebuilt or refurbished in a series of 5 phases between January 2011 and January 2014.